EGMF has updated its Compliance Guides for both combustion engine and electric powered equipment. These guides are aimed at assisting market surveillance and border control authorities in checking the conformity of various types of garden machinery equipment that enter the EU market.
While EGMF member manufacturers build products that are compliant with EU legislation on safety and the environment, not all products on the market in Europe meet the same stringent levels. Counterfeit and non-compliant products are likely to present a safety hazard to consumers and are damaging to the environment.
The guides focus on the following key areas:
- Identification of the key parts of the machine
- The applicable EU Directives and Regulations
- The applicable EU Harmonised standards
- The main marking requirements such as CE, Engine exhaust emission, Guaranteed sound power level, WEEE symbol
- The required warning symbols
- The documentation that must be provided such as instructions and Declaration of Conformity
The full list of updated Compliance Guides, divided by specific garden machinery products, are now available for download.
To provide some background, EGMF produced its first batch of compliance guides in 2016. Ever since, members and the EGMF Secretariat have produced new guides for different types of equipment and updated the older ones to reflect changes in legislation or other technical requirements.